* In 2014, ASE announced the creation of a NT$ 3 billion environmental conservation fund(ECF), to be made in the next 30 years (2014-2033) through ASE Cultural and Educational Foundation (ASE CEF) for environmental protection efforts in Taiwan.
|• Green Classrooms Project
• Environmental Thesis/Dissertation Awards
• Environmental Education Video Projects
• Environmental Technology Research Projects
• International Environmental Law Seminar
• Environmental Education on Elementary School
• Southern Taiwan Environmental Education Projects
|• Afforestation Projects
• NEPZ – Green Fence Project
|• Campus LED Donation Projects
• NEPZ – Water Recycling Model Plant Operation Sponsorship
• Green Supply Chain Projects
• Environmental Hygiene Dengue Fever Prevention
|• Environmental Arts Promotion - KUSAMA YAYOI
• Environmental Drama - Voyage Undersea
|• ASE Industry-Academic Career Development Project
• Educational Projects in Remote Areas
• Semiconductor Assembly and Manufacturing Education Program
• ASE Internship
|Academic Research Collaboration||• Semiconductor Assembly Research Project
• Computer Integrated Manufacture(CIM) Research Projects
• Advance Material Research and Development Project
• Green Material Research and Development Project
• Manufacture Technological Alliance Project
|Scholarships||• ASE Scholarship
• ASE Singapore Gold Medal Award
• Global Semiconductor Alliance (GSA) and Semiconductor Equipment and Materials International (SEMI)
ASE’s Chief Operating Officer, Dr. Tien Wu serves as a Board member of the GSA and SEMI, which are global industry associations serving the manufacturing supply chain for the microand nano-electronics industries.
• Signatory to CDP
For details of the initiatives and commitments, please refer to 5.1 Climate Change Management & Energy Efficiency.
• Taiwan Corporate Sustainability Forum (TCSF)
Initiative In 2015, we cooperatede with other members in TCSF to draft the "Energy and Climate Policy White Paper" which was presented to Taiwan’s government, more details please refer to 5.1 Climate Change Management & Energy Efficiency.
• Electronic Industry Citizenship Coalition (EICC)
In 2015, We became an applicant member of EICC. Through our membership, we plan to train our major suppliers on compliance with the EICC Code of Conduct and for them to participate in the EICC Validated Audit Process (VAP).
• Conflict-Free Sourcing Initiative (CFSI)
We became a member of the CFSI in 2015 and also joined the CMRT and Due Diligence (DD) work team. Details of the initiatives, please refer to 7.4 Conflict Minerals Compliance.
• Sustainable Manufacturing and EHS Committee of Semiconductor Equipment and Materials International (SEMI) Taiwan
ASE participated in the committee focused on international EHS topics, compliance and regulatory issues, and the advancement of EHS within the semiconductor industry in order to demonstrate our commitment to meet the challenges of sustainable development.
• IC Packaging and Testing Industry ESH Task Force, Established by Taiwan Semiconductor Industry Association (TSIA)
Executed environmental safety related projects through the assistance of Industrial Technology Research Institute (ITRI), including statistical analysis and environmental safety performance integration, the establishment of green plant indicators, chemicals management, greenhouse gas inventory verification training, construction safety regulation training, and OHSAS 18000 / TOSHMS internal audit courses program.