• Base Pay — In addition to offering fair, nondiscriminatory compensation, we review local market pay practices annually to ensure our employees’ base pay is competitive. The ratio of the basic salary of women to men for direct employee is 1 : 1.01 and for indirect* employee is 1 : 1.12.
• Short-Term Incentives — Our short-term incentive plans include monthly and annual bonuses. Cash bonuses are rewarded to employees with top performance each month based on our business results. Annual bonuses are rewarded to employees who have fulfilled their responsibilities and delivered superior results within the financial year. In 2015, we paid our employees approximately $144.8 million through both our annual and monthly incentive plans.
• Long-Term Incentives — Our option plan is designed to recognize employees with outstanding performance and to create more shared value among our employees. Each option granted is valid for ten years from the date of the grant.
* Indirect labor is defined as any other regular employees other than direct labor ( i.e. front-line factory workers)
• Intranet — to publish company’s latest news
• E-mails Announcements — to announce Groupwide updates and Chairman’s messages
• Bulletin Boards — to provide information related to labor compliance policy, health and safety, and company activities
• On-Site TV News/Information — to broadcast employees’ welfare-related information
• General Manager Mailbox — to deliver employees’ opinions/suggestions to GM directly
• Plant Director Mailbox — to deliver operators’ opinions/suggestions to plant director directly
• Employee Opinions Box — to collect and respond to employees’ grievance and feedback
• Employee Symposium — to share and discuss work experiences
• Topics Workshop — to discuss and resolve specific issues via brain storming sessions with relevant employees
• Counseling Room — to provide one-on-one counseling sessions
• Orientation—We introduce company discipline/ workplace, knowledge of environment safety & health, employee human rights, communication channels etc.
• OJT (On-Job Training)—We provide a learning list for each position and arrange experienced workers to mentor the new employees.
• Workshop—HR holds new employee symposiums to help them quickly adapt to the company.
* The average number of training hours in 2014 was 110 hours for female employees, 101 hours for male employees, 58 hours for new staff, 112 hours for direct employees, and 97 hours for indirect staff.
* In 2015, we have obtained OHSAS 18001 certification for ASE-Kaohsiung, Chungli, Nantou, Shanghai(A&T), Shangai(Material), Kunshan, Suzhou, Weihai, Wuxi(Tongzhi), Korea, and Singapore, ISE Labs, USI-Taiwan, Zhangjiang, Shenzhen, Kunshan, and Mexico.
** FR=Number of disabling injuries x 1000000 / Total working hours.
*** SR=Number of days lost due to disabling injuries x 1000000 / Total working hours.